Dates: May 17, 2014 to May 18, 2014
Location: Topaz Park, Victoria, BC
The 2014 Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival celebrates 151 years of Scottish Culture in Victoria, BC. For newcomers and longtime festival-goers alike, this celebration is a perfect time to enjoy and experience Scottish culture in BC.
The 151st Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival will take place over May long weekend at Topaz Park, May 17 to 18th, 2014.
Saturday events will include:
- Kilted mile athletics
- Tug of war competition
- Haggis hurling competition
- Sheep dog herding competition
- Victoria International Heavy Events Challenge
- Amateur B and Novice heavy event competition
- Pipe band performances
- Falconry and sword fighting demonstrations
- Cultural and heritage presentations
- Music and entertainment activities
- Free children’s entertainment area
- Scottish and Celtic vendor along with two beer gardens and a single malt whisky tasting school
Traditional Scottish Games, great entertainment and activities will continue on the Sunday!
For more information, including admission and ticket information, please visit the Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival website.