This weekend, June 9th – 14th, 8000 sailors will be arriving from all over the world (Australia, France, Japan, New Zealand, and the U.S.) will join our own navy for a weekend full of events, official ceremonies, and scheduled fun.
Schedule of Events:
- Visiting Navy Ships arrive at Esquimalt harbour and off Royal Roads and anchor
- CFB Esquimalt messes and wardroom host the visiting navies
- 10:35am – Naval Parade of Nations through downtown Victoria featuring visiting sailors plus a 32-person Canadian Navy contingent. The parade gets under way at Ship’s Point, with sailors marching along Government, Wharf, and Belleville Streets, and returning to Ship’s Point.
- 1:00pm – 6:00pm – In preparation for the International Fleet Review, ships will move to their anchorage positions off Royal Roads, where the public will be treated to an evening fireworks display.
- 10:00pm – Fireworks will be launched from a floating barge close to the entrance to the Esquimalt Naval dockyard and will be focused toward the Canadian and visiting ships anchored off of Royal Roads.
- 9:00am – 1:00pm – Ceremonial Fleet Review where a designated Canadian ship will take the reviewing officer through visiting the Canadian Fleets.
- 11:30am – Following the passing of honours the review will conclude with a SkyHawks parachute demonstration
- 12:00pm – Fly-past of Canadian Forces aircraft
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm – Snowbirds Show
- Local sport groups and sailors of the Canadian Pacific Fleet host the international sailors at a series of sports and recreational events including cricket, rugby, and soccer.
- For more details, please visit the Canadian Forces Website at: www.navy.forces.gc.ca