Here at the Royal Scot Hotel & Suites we are doing our part in helping the environment and the community. We have been awarded a 3 key rating from the Hotel Association of Canada’s environmental performance program. We would like to thank all of our staff and guests who have contributed to helping us achieve this level, and challenge those of you who have not stayed with us, to come check us out and help us to reach our goal of moving up to the next Key Level by 2010.
What are we doing to be more eco-friendly? Stay in one of our spacious suites and find out!! Here are a few of the things that we pride ourselves on:
- Provide recycling bins in all of our guestrooms, meeting spaces, and office areas
- Have a linen reuse program, to help conserve water and energy while reducing the amount of chemicals and soaps that end up in our waste systems
- Provide a courtesy shuttle for our guests within the downtown area to offset fuel emissions
- Use low flow shower heads in our guestrooms
- We recycle paper, cardboard, glass, plastics
- We buy in bulk whenever possible, rather than purchasing individual packaged items
- All soaps and shampoos left over are donated to a women’s shelter
- Linens, towels and other items that are no longer fit for guest use, are donated or recycled as rags to keep them out of our landfill
What to look for in the future at the Royal Scot Hotel and Suites:
- Coffee filters made from 100% recycled materials
- Purchasing uniforms that are made from recycled plastics, cans, and cardboard
- Using toilet paper, pillows and other amenities that are made from recycled materials
What can you do to be a “Green Traveler”?
- Bring your own shampoo and conditioner
- Re-use your towels and sheets for a few days, rather than changing them daily
- Recycle all paper, bottles, cardboard whenever possible
- Purchase a re-useable drink container from our gift shop, to reduce the amount of plastic bottles we currently use
- Turn off all lights when leaving for the day, shut your drapes to hold heat in, and turn down your thermostat
- Take advantage of our courtesy shuttle
- Don’t leave taps running when brushing your teeth, or washing your face
- Report any maintenance issues in your room right away, so we can fix right away. ie.leaky taps and running toilets
We would love to hear what you think about our hotel and our commitment to offset our carbon footprint!!